Aruba IAP-205-US Wireless Network Access Point
- Powered Over Ethernet ( PoE )
- 2 x 2 MIMO and four integrated omnidirectional downtilt antenna
- 802.3 a/b/g/n/ac Energy Efficient Ethernet ( EEE )
- 2.4 GHz ( 300 Mbps max rate ) and 5 GHz ( 867 Mbps )
- Virtual Controller Technology
Aruba Instant virtualizes Aruba Mobility Controller capabilities on 802.11n access points (AP), creating a feature-rich enterprise grade wireless LAN (WLAN) that delivers the affordability and simplicity of an entry-level Wi-Fi network. Up to 16 Aruba Instant APs can be controlled by a single AP that automatically becomes a primary Virtual Controller. In the event of primary Virtual Controller failure, another Aruba Instant AP automatically takes on the role with no disruption. Multifunctional and affordable Aruba IAP-205-US 802.11ac wireless access points maximize mobile device performance in medium-density enterprise Wi-Fi environments. In Aruba Instant mode, a single AP automatically distributes the network configuration to other Instant APs in the WLAN
200 SERIES SPECIFICATIONS
AP-205 and IAP-205
2.4GHz (300 Mbps max rate) and 5GHz (867 Mbps max rate) radios, each with 2×2 MIMO and four integrated omni-directional downtilt antennas.
AP-204 and IAP-204
2.4GHz (300 Mbps max rate) and 5GHz (867 Mbps max rate) radios, each with 2×2 MIMO and two combined, diplexed external RP-SMA antenna connectors.
- Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) technology automatically assigns channel and power settings, provides airtime fairness and ensures that APs stay clear of all sources of RF interference to deliver reliable, high-performance WLANs.
- The 200 Series APs can be configured to provide part-time or dedicated air monitoring for spectrum analysis and wireless intrusion protection, VPN tunnels to extend remote locations to corporate resources, and wireless mesh connections where Ethernet drops are not available.
- Capable of part-time or dedicated air monitoring, the spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference.
- Integrated wireless intrusion protection offers thread protection and mitigation, and eliminates the need for separate RF sensors and security appliances.
- IP reputation and security services identify, classify, and block malicious files, URL and IPs, providing comprehensive protection against advanced online threats.
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys.
- SecureJack-capable for secure tunneling of wired Ethernet traffic.
- Aruba Instant AP
- Mobility Controller-managed AP
- Remote AP (RAP) for branch deployments
- Air monitor (AM) for wireless IDS, rogue detection and containment
- Spectrum analyzer, dedicated or hybrid
- Secure enterprise mesh (*Available Q2 2015)
WIRELESS RADIO SPECIFICATIONS
- AP type: Indoor, dual radio, 5GHz 802.11ac and 2.4GHz 802.11n 2×2:2
- Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz (Radio 0) and 2.4 GHz (Radio 1)
- 2×2 MIMO with two spatial streams and up to 867 Mbps wireless data rate
- Supported frequency bands (country-specific restrictions apply): 2.4000 GHz to 2.4835 GHz / 5.150 to 5.250 GHz / 5.250 to 5.350 GHz / 5.470 to 5.725 GHz / 5.725 to 5.850 GHz
- Available channels: Dependent on configured regulatory domain
- Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) optimizes the use of available RF spectrum
- Supported radio technologies:
- 802.11b: Direct-sequence spread-spectrum (DSSS)
- 802.11a/g/n/ac: Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM)
- Supported modulation types: 802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK / 802.11a/g/n/ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
- Transmit power: Configurable in increments of 0.5 dBm
- Maximum (aggregate, conducted total) transmit power (limited by local regulatory requirements): 2.4 GHz band: +21 dBm (18 dBm per chain)/ 5 GHz band: +21 dBm (18 dBm per chain)
- Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC) minimizes interference from cellular networks
- Maximum ratio combining (MRC) for improved receiver performance
- Cyclic delay/shift diversity (CDD/CSD) for improved downlink RF performance
- Short guard interval for 20-MHz, 40-MHz and 80-MHz channels
- Space-time block coding (STBC) for increased range and improved reception
- Low-density parity check (LDPC) for high-efficiency error correction and increased throughput
- Supported data rates (Mbps): 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 / 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 / 802.11n: 6.5 to 300 (MCS0 to MCS15) / 802.11ac: 6.5 to 867 (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 2)
- 802.11n high-throughput (HT) support: HT 20/40
- 802.11ac very high throughput (VHT) support: VHT 20/40/80
- 802.11n/ac packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-MSDU
- AP-204/IAP-204: Two RP-SMA connectors for external dual band antennas. Internal loss between radio interface and external antenna connectors (due to diplexing circuitry): 1.5 dB in 2.4 GHz and 3.0 dB in 5 GHz.
- AP-205/IAP-205: Four integrated down-tilt omni-directional antennas for 2×2 MIMO with maximum antenna gain of 4.0 dBi in 2.4 GHz and 6.0 dBi in 5 GHz. Built-in antennas are optimized for horizontal ceiling mounted orientation of the AP.
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network interface (RJ-45): Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX; 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE); PoE-PD: 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af PoE
- DC power interface, accepts 1.7/4.0-mm center-positive circular plug with 9.5-mm length
- Serial console interface (proprietary; optional adapter cable available)
- Visual indicators (LEDs):Power/system status; Ethernet link status (ENET); Radio status (two; RAD0, RAD1)
- Reset button: factory reset (during device power up)
- Serial console interface (RJ-45)
- Kensington security slot
- Maximum (worst-case) power consumption: 12.5 watts (PoE) or 11.7 watts (DC)
- Maximum (worst-case) power consumption in idle mode: 8.4 watts (PoE) or 7.7 watts (DC)
- Direct DC source: 12 Vdc nominal, +/- 5%
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af-compliant source
- Power sources sold separately
- When both power sources are available, DC power takes priority
- Dimensions/weight (unit, excluding mount accessories): 150 mm x 150 mm x 41.5 mm (W x D x H)/380 g; Dimensions/weight (shipping):
- 190 mm x 187 mm x 57 mm (W x D x H)/ 550 g
Cisco Meraki MR33 Wave 2 Access Point (3 Radios, 2.4GHz and 5GHz, Dual-Band, 802.11ac, POE, Requires Cloud License)
- Ubiquiti UAP-AC-HD Access Point
- Linksys LAPAC2600 Business Pro Series Wireless AC2600 AP
- EnGenius Technologies EAP1300 11ac Wave 2 Indoor Wireless Access Point