Aruba Instant IAP-325-US Wireless Network Access Point
- 5 GHz (1.733 Mbps max rate) and 2.4 GHz (800 Mbps max rate) radios
- 4×4 MIMO support with maximum antenna gain of 3.5 dBi in 2.4 GHz and 5.0 dBi in 5 GHz.
- Optimized for horizontal ceiling-mounted orientation of the AP with 3 x integrated omni-directional downtilt antennas.
- Intended to be used with a PoE Injector or Power Adapter (both sold separately)
- Virtual Controller Technology
Aruba Instant mode, a single AP automatically distributes the network, configuration to other Instant APs in the WLAN. Simply power-up one Inst AP, configure it over the air, and plug in the other APs – the entire process takes about five minutes. If WLAN requirements change, a built-in migration path allows 320 series Instant APs to become part of a WLAN that is managed by a Mobility Controller. Up to 16 Aruba Instant APs can be controlled by a single AP that automatically becomes a primary Virtual Controller. In the event of primary Virtual Controller failure, another Aruba Instant AP automatically takes on the role with no disruption. Multifunctional and affordable Aruba IAP-325-US 802.11ac wireless access points maximize mobile device performance in medium-density enterprise Wi-Fi environments. In Aruba Instant mode, a single AP automatically distributes the network configuration to other Instant APs in the WLAN. Powered over Ethernet (PoE). Intended to be used with a PoE Injector or Power Adapter (both sold separately)
Ultra-fast 320 series 802.11ac Wave 2 APs offer the highest performance in high-density environments and can be managed by a Mobility Controller or deployed in controllerless Aruba Instant mode. These Wave 2 access points deliver multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) aware ClientMatch to boost network efficiency and support the growing device density demands on your network. Starting with the 320 series, Aruba access points have an integrated BLE Beacon to remotely manage battery-powered Aruba Beacons.
AP-320 SERIES SPECIFICATIONS
AP-325 and IAP-325
5 GHz (1,733 Mbps max rate) and 2.4 GHz (800 Mbps max rate) radios, each with 4×4 MIMO support and a total of eight integrated omni-directional downtilt antennas.
AP-324 and IAP-324
5 GHz (1,733 Mbps max rate) and 2.4 GHz (800 Mbps max rate) radios, each with 4×4 MIMO support and a total of four combined, diplexed (dual-band) external RP-SMA antenna connectors.
- Maximum (worst-case) power consumption: 20W (802.3at PoE), 13.5W (802.3af PoE) or 18.5W (DC)
- Excludes power consumed by external USB device (and internal overhead); this could add up to 6W (POE) or 5.5W (DC) for 5W/1A USB device
- Maximum (worst-case) power consumption in idle mode: 8W (PoE) or 7W (DC).
- Direct DC source: 48Vdc nominal, +/- 5%.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): 12 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af/802.3at compliant source
- Unrestricted functionality with 802.3at PoE; Power-save mode with reduced functionality from 802.3af PoE
- USB port disabled
- Second Ethernet port disabled
- 2.4 GHz radio in 1×1:1 mode
- Power sources sold separately
- When both power sources are available, DC power takes priority
Four RP-SMA connectors for external dual band antennas. Internal loss between radio interface and external antenna connectors (due to diplexing circuitry): 2.5 dB in 2.4 GHz and 1.5 dB in 5 GHz.
Eight integrated downtilt omni-directional antennas for 4×4 MIMO with maximum antenna gain of 3.5 dBi in 2.4 GHz and 5.0 dBi in 5 GHz. Built-in antennas are optimized for horizontal ceiling-mounted orientation of the AP. The downtilt angle for maximum gain is ~ 30 degrees.
- Two 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network interfaces (RJ-45): Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX; Load balancing support to achieve platform throughput greater than 1 Gbps; 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- PoE-PD: 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af or 802.3at PoE; DC power interface, accepts 2.1/5.5-mm center-positive circular plug with 9.5-mm length
- USB 2.0 host interface (Type A connector)
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio
- Up to 4dBm transmit power (class 2) and -94dBm receive sensitivity
- Integrated antenna, -5dBi gain (30 degree downtilt)
- Can be disabled with configuration
- Visual indicators (tri-color LEDs): For system and radio status
- Reset button: Factory reset (during device power up)
- Serial console interface (RJ-45)
- Kensington security slot
- The AP ships with two (white) mounting clips to attach to a 9/16-inch or 15/16-inch flat T-bar drop-tile ceiling.
- Several optional mount kits are available to attach the AP to a variety of surfaces; see the Ordering Information section below for details
- Dimensions/weight (unit, excluding mount accessories): 203 mm (W) x 203 mm (D) x 57 mm (H), 8.0″ (W) x 8.0″ (D) x 2.2″ (H)/ 950 g/34 oz
- Dimensions/weight (shipping): 315 mm (W) x 265 mm (D) x 100 mm (H), 12.4″ (W) x 10.4″ (D) x 3.9″ (H) / 1,350 g/48 oz
- Operating: Temperature: 0 degree C to +50 degree C (+32 degree F to +122 degree F)
- Humidity: 5% to 93% non-condensing
- Storage and transportation: Temperature: -40 degree C to +70 degree C (-40 degree F to +158 degree F)
Aruba limited lifetime warranty
MINIMUM SOFTWARE VERSIONS
- ArubaOS 22.214.171.124
- 320 Series Access Points are not supported on 650 Series Mobility Controllers.
- Aruba InstantOS 126.96.36.199
- Orbi Home WiFi System RBK30 WiFi Router & Wall Plug Satellite
- CUJO Smart Internet Security Firewall with FREE SUBSCRIPTION
- Linksys Velop AC1200 Dual Band 3 pack