Roqos Core Coal Next G Intrusion Prevention Parental Controls Firewall WiFi VPN Router
- Rich VPN feature set. Roqos Global VPN network, VPN IN for private Internet in public networks, VPN OUT for connecting whole house to VPN, use your own VPN service, GUEST VPN for friends & family. Exclude devices from VPN connections. Dynamic DNS.
- Enterprise grade cybersecurity protection with Intrusion Prevention System, Deep Packet Inspection, Country Block, Ransomware Block, Ad Block, and Automatic Security Updates.
- Parental/Employee Controls inside and outside by using VPN, filtering sites, scheduled Internet block, blocking proxy servers, notifications, viewing activities, usage history, and more.
- Easy networking with Android, IOS, Amazon phone/table apps, and web browsers. Guest WiFi with daily access. 2-minute easy setup.
- Open source software with root access. Simultaneous dual WiFi 3×3 802.11 AC and 2×2 802.11 N. 5-port Gigabit switch. Four 64-bit 2GHz cores, 2 GB RAM, 8 GB storage. The most powerful home router.
- Includes optional 1-year Roqos Service providing extended hardware warranty, global VPN service, security and parental control signature updates, notifications, customer support, new features, etc. Roqos Core fully functions without Roqos Service.
- Roqos Core RC10
- Wall pluggable power adapter
- Flat Cat6 Ethernet cable
Roqos Core has the highest processing power, the largest memory and storage among home Wi-Fi VPN routers to provide enterprise grade cybersecurity and parental controls. As a highly advanced router, it runs open source software such as Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) with Deep Packet Inspection technology to protect your home from harmful Internet content. It is managed by Roqos App even when you’re away from home. Unlike other routers with many flickering lights which are hard to understand, Roqos Core has lighted logo that changes color based on its state. In addition, it is smart enough to dim the light at night.
HOW IT WORKS
Setting up Roqos Core takes about two minutes and only requires the Roqos app. If you have a cable modem from your ISP, simply connect the Roqos Core to the modem. If you have a router/modem combo like in Verizon FIOS service, you can connect Roqos Core to one of the switch/LAN ports on the router/modem. You need to disable Wi-Fi in your old router since Roqos Core needs to see Internet traffic from all of your devices.
Roqos Core is always connected to the Roqos Cloud, which alerts you for events and alarms through app notifications or email. Roqos Cloud also automatically updates your Roqos Core with cybersecurity and parental control signatures to protect you from the latest attacks. Roqos Core is designed to be scalable for future growth, redundant for failures and reliable for data losses. Your privacy is important to us. Usage data is not stored in the Roqos Cloud or sold to third parties.
Compared to other solutions in the market, Roqos Core is always in between your devices and the internet. It constantly examines the traffic and looks for ransomware, malware, viruses, and DDOS attacks as well as protects your kids from inappropriate content right at the source.
HIGH PERFORMANCE HARDWARE
HIGH SPEED PROCESSING
Roqos Core with four 64-bit 2 GHz cores, 2GB memory, and 8GB storage provides high speed Internet access while protecting you from harmful content.
SIMULTANEOUS DUAL BAND WI-FI
Simultaneous Dual Band 2.4GHz and 5 GHz provide ultimate flexibility and performance by providing two independent 802.11n and 802.11ac Wi-Fi networks with total bandwidth of 1600 Mbps.
GIGABIT ETHERNET SWITCH
Four port Gigabit Ethernet switch provides wirespeed connection among your directly connected devices.
For our expert users, Roqos Core comes with comprehensive advanced settings. Below are some of the available features accessible in Roqos app:
- DHCP or static IP address assignment on the Internet port
- Manual DNS server settings
- DHCP or static IP address assignment on the local network
- DHCP server
- Static IP address assignment to DHCP clients
- Port Forwarding with ranges
- Disabling internet access with schedules
- WPS Push Button feature on app
- Factory reset from app
- Remote reboot from app
Roqos ensures the strongest internet connection with five powerful internal antennas lodged inside Roqos Core to eliminate dead zones within your home. In addition, Access Points (AP), Wi-Fi Extenders, and wireless mesh devices can easily be added to increase the Wi-Fi coverage further. With the help of WPS push button function, expanding your Wi-Fi network is a click on the Roqos app. If your home is wired with Ethernet cables, you can use Roqos Core’s Gigabit Ethernet Switch ports to add APs anywhere in your house and achieve the best Wi-Fi speeds.
OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
Roqos Core is based on a suite of stable and verified open source software which are considered transparent, free of any hidden malware and are used by many large corporations and government agencies. They are developed by a large community of software developers. Since they are open source, new software features and extensions can be added faster. For our advanced users, Roqos Core has an admin account with sudo capabilities. Below are some of the open source software in RC.
- Intel Atom processor with DPDK
- Quad 64-bit 1.91 GHz cores
- 2 GB Memory
- 8 GB Storage
- 1 10/100/1000 Mbps WAN port
- 4 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN port
- 1 USB 3.0 port
- Simultaneous dual frequency
- 3×3 802.11ac 5 GHz
- 2×2 802.11n 2.4 GHz
- 5 high-gain internal antennas
- WPS Push Button via App
- Guest network managed via App
- External power supply
- 100-240V; 50-60Hz
- 12V; 2A
- 6.4 x 6.5 x 2.1 in.(162.6 x 165.1 x 53.3 mm)
- Operating Temp.: 0~40 degree C , 32~104 degree F
- Storage Temp.: -40~70 degree C , -40~158 degree F
- Operating Humidity: 10%~90% non-condensing
- Storage Humidity: 5%~90% non-condensing
- FCC; CE; RoHS
- Hardware warranty during service